Corona Virus Updates

17/3/2020 6.15pm

Members are advised, based on the directive from Bowls Australia – see below BowlsSA Update, all pennant and social bowls, along with any social function held at the club or elsewhere are to be either cancelled or postponed. The directive has been endorsed by our Club’s Executive Committee.

This means our planned EOS Presentation Dinner this Saturday has been postponed until further notice.

A decision on the AGM will be considered in due course.


Bowls SA Update…click here.Bowls SA Update 17March2020


HBA had made a decision tonight (16/3/2020) at the Executive Meeting that ALL bowls will be postponed for 2 weeks because of the uncertainty of the Coronavirus.  Therefore NO Wednesday, Thursday or Saturday games until further notice.  HBA are waiting for a directive from Bowls SA and details will be posted when the outcome has been received.


The situation with Corona Virus is changing rapidly and as such keeping up to date with the news and advice is difficult. What is clear is that we all have a responsibility to take this disease seriously and to maintain good personal hygiene and a degree of social isolation. This will assist with limiting THE RATE OF SPREAD of the disease. By limiting the rate, we give the health system here in Australia a better chance of coping with the impact.

The committee has determined that anyone who has recently returned from overseas or who has flu-like symptoms will NOT be permitted to enter the club until 14 days have passed since their return and the symptoms have passed.

You are encouraged to maintain some social isolation and, above all else to WASH YOUR HANDS properly.

At this stage the committee has no plans to alter our proposed program. If such a decision is made, this website will be updated as soon as possible.

Further information is available here: